A Woman's Heart: Sex Matters
will change everything you know about your heart and the place it has in your future health. The number one killer of women is heart disease, yet this fact goes relatively unnoticed by the majority of women. This book will give you all the information you need to take control of not only your physical health but steps to emotional and spiritual health as well. The book is written in an easy-to-read format without technical language and it is meant to relate to each reader on a personal level without artificial boundaries.
Some questions that will be answered:
- Why is heart disease considered a "man's disease?"
- Why have women been "understudied" in the field of cardiac health?
- What are the risk factors specific to women?
- How does heart disease appear in women and how are the outcomes different?
- What can I do to take healthy steps and decrease my chance of acquiring heart problems?
Dr. Afshine Emrani has been practicing in the field of cardiology, specifically working with women, in the Los Angeles area after graduating Cum Laude from the University of California, Los Angeles and the University of California, San Diego. Beyond a thriving practice, a fellowship on the board of American Cardiology, and numerous other accolades he has received for his pioneering work with women and cardiology, he has an emotional investment in educating women about their heart health and its importance in their future.