Based on the author's personal experience with physical and emotional affliction, including terminal brain cancer, Seeing the Joy in Affliction
deals with the tough questions:
- Why do Christians suffer? Is it a lack of faith?
- Is suffering part of God's plan for us?
- How do we respond in obedience to various kinds of suffering?
- What is the secret in unleashing God's power in the midst of our suffering?
- How do we minister to others when we are suffering?
Learn the ultimate secret for dealing with these and other essential questions about growing in your faith.
Mike Shelley is a professor of Environmental Science and Engineering at the Air Force Institute of Technology and attends Christian Life Center in Dayton Ohio. He has taught Bible classes for over 30 years. He and his wife Sherry have three children?Maria, Andrew, and Joshua.