The Power of the Dharma: An Introduction to Hinduism and Vedic Culture
offers a concise and easy-to-understand overview of the essential principles and customs of the Hindu tradition. It also provides many insights into the depth and value of the timeless wisdom of Vedic spirituality and reveals why the Dharmic path has survived for thousands of years.
Author Stephen Knapp reveals why the Dharma is presently enjoying a renaissance among an increasing number of people who want to explore its teachings and see what its many techniques of self-discovery have to offer. In The Power of the Dharma, you will find:
- quotes by noteworthy people on the unique qualities of Hinduism;
- essential principles of the Vedic spiritual path;
- particular traits, customs, and explanations of Hindu worship;
- descriptions of the main yoga systems;
- significance and legends of the colorful Hindu festivals;
- benefits of Ayurveda, Vastu, Vedic astrology, and gemology;
- important insights of Dharmic life and how to begin.
The Dharmic path can provide you the means for attaining your own spiritual realizations and experiences. This is the power of Dharma's universal teachings which have something to offer everyone!
Stephen Knapp has studied the major Vedic texts of India and practiced yoga and the Eastern teachings for nearly forty years. He has traveled throughout India and has authored several well-received books on Vedic culture and regularly gives lectures. Knapp is also the president of the Vedic Friends Association.