The Basics of Finance
provides the tools you can use to understand the principles of financial management in your business.
The Basics of Finance can help you:
- understand your company’s annual report
- interact with the financial people in your organization
- understand the viability of projects you are considering
- use financial analyses to help you better understand your business
- explain your ideas more convincingly using financial terms
The book includes explanations of fundamental accounting principles, basic financial statements, budgeting, and forecasting…All made clear and understandable for managers who may lack a background in business finance and accounting.
- 31 fundamental principles of financial management clearly and concisely explained
- Simple case histories illustrate each principle
- A glossary of key terms help you understand the language of finance
- Simple straightforward language dispenses with much of the accounting and finance jargon and clarifies the basic tenets of effective financial management
- “FINANCIAL FACTS,” one or two sentence ideas found throughout the book, provide the conceptual and practical foundation for profitable financial management
As you work through a business and management career, it’s essential to know The Basics of Finance.
Bryan E. Milling is the best-selling author of The Cash Flow Problem Solver. He’s also the author of over 300 financial and business management articles. He has extensive experience working with independent business managers. He has taught at several schools including University of Colorado and Northern Arizona University.